OK - not completely: I'm still learning how to make a little purse, but sitting down (a lot of sitting down!) and actually making one taught me a couple of things that I now know how to fix in my next one. Like sewing the lining part separately from the outside part and then inserting the lining into the outside part, and then sewing them together! I also didn't have a clasp available so until I put one in (I'm thinking just a plain magnetic closure) this purse doesn't close...
But this was a weekend's worth of work for me - all those little bits first patched together, then the outlines to each shape, for which I used a variety of methods: handsewn bunched up strip of fabric - those puffy ones that you see - cord, twisted bits of fabric and well, more cord. I tried riboon too but the width didn't look right so I took it off. Also I could have used more layers of fabric sewn together for the handles but my back was starting to give out and I just used wide brocade ribbon instead.
And oh yes, each side has its very own metallic brown rose!
I love crazy quilting, and this was my very first time doing it.
I'm so happy with it!
My very first bag, and that too a crazy-quilted patchwork one!